In Google Contacts you have the option to create your own emailing groups. These groups are called labels. Below you will find more information on how to create and manage your own labels.
To open up Google Contacts, click on the waffle in the upper-right hand corner of your Gmail/Drive/Classroom window.
The first step in this process is to add contacts to your directory. If you've already created the necessary contacts or the contact already has an email in your organization skip these next steps.
Here are the steps on how to do that:
1. In the upper left-hand corner click 'create contact'
2. You may add 1 contact at a time or multiple
3. Once the contacts information is filled out click 'save' or if you are adding multiple at a time click 'create'
Note: In order to create the email group you will need the contact's email address.
Now that you have contacts in your pool you may create a label.
1. Hover over the contact until a box appears
2. Check all the boxes of the contacts you want to add to the label.
3. With all the boxes selected click the arrow button
4. Now select the desired label or click 'create label'
5. Name the label and click 'save'
Once the label is created you may now use it as an email group the same way you any other email groups. Here are those steps:
1. Open Gmail.
2. At the top left, click Compose.
3. In the "To" field, start typing the group name, then select the group from the list that appears.
4. You'll see a list of contacts in the "To" field.